Monday, August 29, 2011

Music Monday

I've decided to do a new feature on my humble little blog! I've been thinking about this for a couple of weeks, but I've been too busy to start it yet. I debated for days what sort of feature I wanted to do, how frequently I would do it, what the criteria would be the for the feature, etc. After going through a few options that were decidedly not me, I stuck upon Music Monday. It's pretty self explanatory. Basically, every Monday I feature a new song that I like based on a number of different factors including(but not limited to) how I'm feeling, my plans for the day, a song that inspires me, and so on and so forth.

Today was a little stressful for me. After getting very little sleep, I spent a long day cleaning, studying, doing homework, sort of packing, job/apartment hunting, wrangling my dog, and trying to remember to blog. Needless to say, I'm exhausted. Today's song is inspired not only by my intense need to sleep, but also because the lyrics remind me to try and be happy even in stressful times. You never know when your time might be up. 

Streetlight Manifesto- The Big Sleep


4 comments:

  1. I love musical features - I'm a massive fan of finding new songs to listen to so I can't wait to give this a go :) sorry you had a stressfull/tiring day! Sounds like the song has a great message :)

    Sarah
    http://fashionismyh2o.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm diggin' MUSIC MONDAYS!What a super RAD idea!!! COOL song babe!
    kisses
    xoThe Beckerman Girls

    www.BeckermanBitePlate.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your less stressed and it's nice to hear/see new songs!

    www.redsolesandredwine.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Leave your blog's address and I'll check it out.