Saturday, May 28, 2011

Visual Inspiration: Ethereal part 1

Perhaps I'm influenced from my life as a ballerina, but I am constantly inspired by(and obsessed with) photographs of an ethereal nature. And I'm definitely not the only one! Fashion has been influenced by the ethereal beauty of such sources as Ballets, Fairytales, and Myths for centuries; artists and photographers have been attempting to capture the celestial essence for just as long. And for good reason. The ethereal quality in art transports you to a whole other world.  




I love these photographs. Looking at them makes me want to put on my pointe shoes, a flowing dress and dance to music by Yann Tiersen. I will be doing another post featuring my favorite ethereal photographers very soon, so stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. I love all these pictures! Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shots... the last one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Leave your blog's address and I'll check it out.