Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Academy of Art University: Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week

I just wanted to share with everyone the Academy of Art University's Spring 2012 Graduate Collection. They are the only fashion school in the country to debut their graduate's collections at New York Fashion Week, and I couldn't be more proud to be attending such an awesome school! Every time I watch their shows I get more and more excited to start my classes this spring. My favorite was Dipti Irla's Indian inspired collection. She used vintage sarees and dyed them in a soft gray palette with metallic touches, and the result is very stunning! Meredith Acton's use of soft, silky fabrics combined with stream-lined silhouettes is also very inspiring, but the whole collection is great! If you have an extra 20 or so minutes of free time, definitely check out this video!

Academy of Art University: Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week at Lincoln Center -September 9, 2011 at 5PM (Pacific Time)

P.S. Which collection is your favorite?

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting! Leave your blog's address and I'll check it out.